now, more.

Monday, October 30, 2006

coming of age.


i think i may have come of age. i'm not sure just at what moment exactly it happened, but i recently realized that i am looking forward to sushi tuesday more than halloween. there could be a couple of reasons for this. perhaps i got my fill of halloween parties this past weekend. they were fun, no doubts allowed, but it is true that i saw more than my fair share of men wearing lingerie or speedos or depends. the guy wearing lingerie took me so aback that i think i shook his hand for a solid ten seconds before telling him my name when he introduced himself to me. it was too much for my faint-of-heart.

but maybe i haven't come of age at all. there is the possibility that the parties last weekend just partied me out, and i need a restito. more though, i just like the idea of sitting down with some friends, some crispy rolls, some edamame, some wasabi, you know, and some chop sticks. surely chopsticks are a sign of coming of age.

1 comment:

heathen said...

Surely. Sushi is wonderful and amazing, and took up 2 1/2 hours on Halloween.