now, more.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

subtlety

Hemingway is the only author I have ever considered holding as my favorite author, and thus he is my favorite author. Reading, as a pastime, has always been a sort of lost ark for me, as I don't get to do it recreationally as often as I'd like. Sometimes I miss the Staircase for that reason, as I had a good bit of time and a well stocked classics section in the Escalante Public Library at my fingertips. And it was on the Staircase that I read the bulk of my Hemingway. In a word, the reason why I love Hemingway is his subtlety, or how he says nothing and then I see how he said it all. Oh the simplicity! Ha, I'm getting a little giddy. I would reccommend The Sun Also Rises, The Snows of Kilamajaro, The Old Man and the Sea, and For Whom the Bell Tolls. Pero qué sé yo? I should probably read a bit more. By the way, the photo is a young Ernest Hemingway during his service in World War I.

1 comment:

heathen said...

Never have I read Hemingway. Never. But I will!