now, more.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

nose knows





i like crisp autumn. but perhaps what makes it even better is when i walk past a steamy scent of laundry doin'. there tain't nothing like crisp weather and the smell of fresh dryer sheets. my nose is hypnotized lately. after years of taking allergy medications, and realizing that it was just a upper-up government conspiracy to rob me of my sense of smell, i quit those meds that were holding my olfactories up and the nasal joint has let loose. cold weather smells especially nice. so does a cooking quesadilla. so do dryer sheets. one thing that does not smell fine to this nose of mine, however, is the bag of literal rubbish that is sitting in my entomology lab. the other entomology lab (the land lubbers) has decided to see how many bugs will be produced from leaving a bag of rotting materials in a none-too-tightly sealed black garbage bag. my nose repeals their judgement. but the delight that was the walk home, passing by laundry rooms and stepping on crunchy leaves, was a treat. i like autumn. probably always will.

1 comment:

heathen said...

That's a very nice collage of noses you have there. And I agree, I'll probably always love fall. Laundry-doing is a good smell. An A+ for your soul.